Mother's Day in Australia is kind of a big deal, and if your mum is an avid reader, then what better way to show your love than by giving her a unique Mother’s Day card that celebrates her love for books? Whether she's a fan of classic literature or whimsical new bestsellers, there are plenty of creative ways to incorporate her favourite books into a Mother's Day card. Here are some fun and quirky ideas to inspire you this Mother’s Day.
Writing ideas for a book-themed Mother's Day card
If your mum is a bookworm, a book-themed Mother's Day card is the perfect choice. You can also incorporate quotes from her favourite authors to say everything you’re feeling, without having to be a poet yourself! Here are some examples of Mother’s Day quotes for your book loving mum.
- “There never was a woman like her. She was gentle as a dove and brave as a lioness." - Charles Dickens, Oliver Twist
- “A mother's love, like an endless sea, washes away all our worries and fears, and fills us with a calm that we never knew existed." - Louisa May Alcott, Little Women
- “A mother's arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them." - Victor Hugo, Les Misérables
- “A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path." - Agatha Christie, The Last Séance
- “I am sure that if the mothers of various nations could meet, there would be no more wars” - E.M. Forster, Howards End
- “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colours of a rainbow” - Maya Angelou, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
Writing ideas for a quirky Mother's Day card
If your mum has a great sense of humour and loves getting stuck into a funny book, a quirky Mother's Day card is the perfect choice. Compliment your quirky card choice by including witty book inspired quote to make her laugh. Here are some bookish examples of witty quotes for Mother’s Day cards.
- “The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.” - Jane Austen
- “Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx
- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there." - Lewis Carroll
Quirky Mother's Day card puns
You could also use quirky book puns, and include a funny little illustration next to your heartfelt Mother’s Day message. Test out some of these silly book puns in your quirky Book-themed Mother’s Day card.
- I'm reading a book on anti-gravity. It's impossible to put down!
- I'm reading a book on the benefits of silence. I can't wait to hear how it ends
- I’m reading a book on Stockholm Syndrome. It was pretty bad at first, but by the end I liked it
How to use a Mother’s Day card quote
Now that you have some whimsical and quirky Mother’s Day card quotes, let's talk about how to incorporate them into your Mother's Day card. You could use one of these quotes as the focal point of your card by writing it on the front to give meaning to an illustration on a whimsical any occasion greeting card, or use it as inspiration for your own message.
Another great idea is to collect a collage of quotes that remind you of your mother. You could include some of the quotes we've shared today or choose ones that hold a special meaning for you and your family. This is a fun and creative way to show your mother just how much she means to you.
Writing ideas for a whimsical Mother's Day card
If your mum loves all things magical, why not give her a fantasy inspired whimsical Mother's Day card? You could use a vintage-inspired greeting card with an illustration that is reminiscent of old time storytellers. There are lots of Australian greeting card illustrators that fit this whimsical theme, for example this Alice in Wonderland any occasion card by The Nonsense Maker.
Unique book themed Mother’s Day gifts
If you are reading this blog, chances are your mum loves books. But chances are that also means you’ve gifted her so many books in the past you’ve lost count! If you're on the hunt for a quirky Mother's Day gift for your book-loving mum that's not actually a book, we have a couple of suggestions!
Book-themed art prints
The Nonsense Maker has a range of quirky and whimsical book-themed art prints that will capture your mum's imagination and will make her heart sing! From Alice in Wonderland to Jane Austen, The Nonsense Maker's art prints celebrate all the beloved literary classics that your mum knows and loves. Each print is bursting with colour and character, making it the perfect addition to any book-loving mum's home.
Book themed art tea towel
Looking for a Mother's Day gift that's both quirky and practical? How about a book-themed art tea towel from a local Melbourne artist? Not only will it brighten up your mum's kitchen, but it will also bring a smile to her face every time she uses it.
We hope you have found these creative Mother's Day card writing ideas useful! As we always say it’s the thought that counts, and taking the time to sit down and write a heartfelt Mother’s Day card is a beautiful gesture in itself. Whether you go for a book-themed pun, a heartfelt quote from your mum's favourite author, or a choose the perfect quirky hand-drawn illustration from an Australian artist, a unique Mother's Day card is the perfect opportunity to show your mum just how much you appreciate her and all the hard work she does. After all, your mum deserves a Mother's Day card that's as unique and special as she is. Happy Mother's Day to all the book-loving mums out there!
Join our world: become a friend of The Nonsense Maker
Did you enjoy this article about unique Mother's Day card writing ideas for mum's who love to read? We update our blog regularly with handy tips, tricks, and ideas for fellow Nonsense Makers. Scroll down to the footer to sign up to our mailing list, and we will let you know when there are new articles to be read!